Growing up, whenever my mom would get a coffee at our local shop she would always get me a biscotti. My favorite flavor was chocolate walnut & for some reason I always thought they were difficult to make at home. Well, they are not difficult at all & super easy to modify. Check out the recipe below to make your own!
Chocolate Sea Salt Biscotti
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325° and prepare a lined baking sheet. I use @greatjonesholy sheet with @ifyoucare_usaparchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients and set aside. Next, mix together eggs and sugar with a hand mixer and slowly incorporate the flour. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer biscotti mixture to the prepared baking sheet and shape into 2 logs. If the dough feels too dry, try adding 1/2 tbsp to the dough.
- Bake biscottis for 30 minutes then remove from oven to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, slice loaves diagonally and place cut side down on the baking sheet. Return to oven for 10 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Allow biscottis to cool completely on a wire rack, then add chocolate drizzles and flaky sea salt. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply