This is the best homemade jalapeño cheddar frittata recipe you’ll ever make! Simple, savory, and loaded with all the cheesy goodness that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Some of the links in this post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission if you choose to purchase through qualifying links, at no cost to you.
Why You’ll Love This
- This jalapeño cheddar frittata recipe couldn’t be any easier to make! Just a few ingredients that you probably have in your pantry right now. This jalapeño cheddar frittata comes together in 25-minutes and is ridiculously easy. All you need are a few ingredients, a baking dish, and you’re good to go!
- It’s the PERFECT brunch dish and feeds a crowd if you are hosting a family brunch or meal prepping breakfast for the week. Add as many veggies as you want. It’s beyond easy and insanely good!
- Change up the frittata ingredients– you can make this with cheese, broccoli, bacon, peppers, onions, and more. The list goes on!
This post is all about how to make a delicious jalapeño cheddar frittata.
Eggs – First things first – this recipe is mostly eggs, 7 to be exact! Make sure you have enough on hand before you start preparing the dish.
Milk- Any type of milk will work. I used almond milk but you can opt for whatever you have on hand.
Veggies – For this recipe I stuck with onions, peppers, and jalapeños. You can swap out the ingredients with whatever you have in your fridge. Broccoli and red peppers go great in this frittata too!
Meat – Breakfast sausage was the meat of choice for this bake. And bacon also works well in this dish!
Spices- Garlic and Cumin give this dish a savory kick! Feel free to switch up the spices, but cumin is my favorite for this recipe.
This is my favorite mix of ingredients for a frittata, but you can change up the recipe based on the items you have in your pantry.
Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare a baking dish with coconut or avocado oil and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and salt/pepper until well combined.
Next, fold in the remaining ingredients and top frittata with additional shredded cheese.
Bake frittata for 25 minutes or until puffed and not runny in the center.
Let cool then serve with extra cheese and sliced jalapeños. Sour cream is another delicious topping we love in our house. Enjoy!
Tips for Success
- When baking the frittata in the oven, be sure not to over to bake. Baking time will vary by oven, but do keep an eye on it while baking to avoid burning. Bake until eggs are set and not runny in the middle.
- Make sure veggies and meat are cooked before incorporating to the egg mixture.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Freeze leftovers in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to 2 months.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH
- This jalapeno cheddar frittata is delicious on its own but also pairs well with a citrus side salad.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Jalapeno Cheddar Frittata
- Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare a baking dish coating it with avocado oil.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, almond milk, and salt/pepper. Fold in the remaining ingredients and top with additional shredded cheese.
- Bake dish for 25 minutes. Once cooked through, remove from the oven and let the frittata sit for a few minutes before serving. ENJOY!