These are the best homemade sweet and spicy roasted nuts you’ll ever eat! Simple, satisfying, and loaded with all the sweet and spicy heat that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Some of the links in this post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission if you choose to purchase through qualifying links, at no cost to you.
Why You’ll Love This
- These roasted nuts couldn’t be any easier to make! Just a few ingredients that you probably have in your pantry right now. This sweet and spicy nuts recipe comes together in 15-minutes and is ridiculously easy. All you need are a few ingredients, a sheet pan, and you’re good to go!
- It’s the PERFECT holiday snack and I always include these roasted nuts on any charcuterie board I make during December. It’s that good!
- Makes for a super sweet hostess gift! – bottle these up in a mason jar and tie a ribbon around the lid. So cute!
Roasted Nuts – Be sure to buy raw, unsalted nuts for this recipe. Whenever I make this mix I always gravitate to almonds, pecans, and walnuts. You can switch it up and try any nut variation. I’ve never tried this with peanuts but I think it would be delicious!
Sugar – Obviously the sweetest and most essential part of the recipe.
Cinnamon + Nutmeg – For that sweet and festive flavor that pairs perfectly with the cumin and cayenne.
Cumin + Cayenne Pepper – Both of these spices pack all the flavor and a little bit of heat. This mix helps balance all of the sweetness from the cinnamon and sugar. If you don’t have either of these on hand, I have used smoked paprika and the mix turned out great.
Coconut Oil – Gives it that extra smooth flavor to help coat the nuts with the sugar and spices. You can use butter if you prefer, but coconut oil for all the dairy-free people.
In a medium bowl combine almonds, walnuts, and pecans and set aside. Feel free mix up the types of nuts used in the recipe.
Next, mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl and slowly pour in the melted coconut oil. Mix until the sugar starts to dissolve into a liquid consistency.
Pour the sugar mixture over nuts and mix completely. Transfer coated nuts to a prepared baking sheet with parchments paper or rubber mat. I prefer to use parchment paper which is always an easier cleanup.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Once nuts are out of the oven, immediately give them a quick toss and let sit before transferring to your serving bowl.
Top with cinnamon & ENJOY!
When baking the nuts in the oven, be sure to not over bake. Baking time will vary by ovens, but do keep an eye on them when baking to avoid burning. Just light golden brown is what you are looking for.
Store nuts in the fridge during the summer months and in a container at room temperature in the colder months.
Freeze nuts up to 3 months in the freezer if you don’t plan to eat all of them at once.
SWEET AND SPICY ROASTED NUTS
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine almonds, walnuts, and pecans and set aside.
- Next, mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl and slowly pour in the melted coconut oil.
- Pour the sugar mixture over nuts and mix completely. Transfer to a prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Once nuts are out of the oven, immediately give them a quick toss then transfer to your serving bowl.
- Top with a little cinnamon & ENJOY!