Lately I’ve had the biggest sweet tooth & I wanted to make something to keep in the freezer for a quick dessert post-dinner. These cookie dough bites started out as bars, but then took a quick turn to bite-sized snacks. The sea salt on top is totally optional, but gives it a nice salty kick. And it looks cute too!
Vegan & Gluten-Free Cookie Dough Bites
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup @hukitchen chocolate gems
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a microwave-safe bowl add the coconut oil and maple syrup and heat until melted.
- Next, add in the almond flour and sea salt to the maple syrup mixture until fully combined.
- Lastly, fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and refrigerate dough for for 30 minutes until firm.
- While the dough is chilling, take a microwave safe bowl and add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and heat. Whisk chocolate mixture until fully combined.
- Take out refrigerated dough and form balls and place on a lined mat. Take the chocolate sauce and submerge each cookie dough bite and place back on the lined mat.
- Freeze chocolate dipped bites for 1 hour. Before serving, sprinkle with sea salt. ENJOY!