Get ready to fall in love with this Kale Salad with Garlic Herb Dressing. Keep it hassle-free by prepping the dressing ahead of time and tossing it with the fresh ingredients when you’re set to serve. This salad plays well with pasta dishes, grilled proteins, or holiday feasts. It brings a richness to the dressing you will love.
1 bunch of kale
8 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup olive oil (for dressing)
1/3 cup parsley
1/3 cup grated pecorino romano
1 tablespoon lemon juice (plus extra for massaging kale)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
Garlic Herb Dressing
Roasting the Garlic:
Begin by preheating your oven to a gentle 250°F. Nestle 8 cloves of garlic in a baking dish and generously pour 1/2 cup of olive oil over them. Allow this aromatic blend to roast in the oven for 1.5 hours until the garlic cloves are soft and golden.
For those pressed for time, opt for a quicker stovetop approach. Cook the garlic and olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan for 30 minutes until the garlic is tender. It’s crucial not to substitute this garlic-infused olive oil; it forms the soul of the dressing.
Creating the Dressing
Transfer the roasted garlic and olive oil to a food processor. Add in the finely chopped parsley, grated pecorino romano, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and honey. Pulse these ingredients until a luscious, green dressing is achieved.
Preparing the Kale
Take your kale to the next level by massaging it with a drizzle of olive oil and a splash of lemon juice. Allow it to rest for a few minutes or up to an hour in the fridge.
Assembling the Salad
In a large bowl, gently toss the kale with the garlic herb dressing and sprinkle with some extra grated pecorino romano. Top with toasted petitas and serve!
Kale Salad With Garlic Herb Dressing
- 1 bunch kale chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil for the dressing
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1/3 cup pecorino romano grated
- 1 tbsp juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
Roast the Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 250°F
- Place 8 cloves of garlic in a baking dish and pour 1/2 cup of olive oil over the garlic.
- Roast in the oven for 1.5 hours until the garlic is soft
- Alternatively: Cook the garlic and olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan for 30 minutes until the garlic is soft.Note: This garlic-infused olive oil is crucial for the dressing and should not be substituted.
Prepare the Dressing
- Add the roasted garlic and olive oil to a food processor
- Add 1/3 cup parsley, 1/3 cup grated pecorino romano, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, and 1 tablespoon honey
- Pulse the ingredients until a beautiful green dressing is achieved
Massage and Prepare Kale
- Massage the chopped kale with a little olive oil and lemon juice. Allow it to sit for a few minutes to enhance flavors.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with the garlic herb dressing
- Ensure every leaf is coated in the dressing and top the salad with extra grated pecorino romano. Drizzle with additional lemon juice for that extra zing.