These crispy smashed potatoes are comfort food at its finest. Picture creamy, tender insides, encased in a delightful, golden crunch. They’re versatile, and perfect for a special occasion or a weeknight meal. Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply craving a hearty dish, these spuds are a surefire crowd-pleaser. Get ready to savor this easy yet satisfying spin on a timeless classic!
Why You’ll Love This
These crispy smashed potatoes are a fun and tasty twist on the classic smashed potato recipe
With just a few ingredients and minimal prep time, these potatoes are a quick and easy side dish to make
The combination of creamy smashed potatoes and rich, earthy olive oil is genuinely delicious
These potatoes can be baked in the oven or air fryer, making them a convenient and hassle-free choice for any meal
Serve them as a side dish, or enjoy them as an appetizer with your favorite dip
Even picky kids will love these crispy smashed potatoes!
This recipe will become a new family favorite and a go-to side dish for any weeknight meal.
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
Baby Yukon Gold Potatoes – These small, buttery potatoes have a delicate flavor and creamy texture that make them perfect for smashing. You can substitute for fingerling potatoes as well.
Olive oil – the olive oil helps to brown the potatoes slightly and give them a crispy texture.
Honey – this is key to adding that touch of sweetness to the potatoes. It also helps to caramelize the potatoes slightly as they bake, giving them a golden brown and crispy top.
How to make crispy smashed potatoes
Giant Strawberry Pop Tart
- 2 sheets of puff pastry thawed if frozen
- 1 cup strawberry fruit jam
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon water for egg wash
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Place one of the puff pastry sheets on a floured surface, rolling the sheet until it reaches 9x15 inches.
- Spread the strawberry fruit jam evenly over it, leaving a small border.
- Place the second sheet of puff pastry sheets on a floured surface, rolling the sheet until it reaches 9x15 inches.
- Gently place the second sheet on top of the jam covered puff pastry, crimping the edges with a fork to seal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of water and 1 egg. Brush this egg wash over the top of the pop tart for a golden finish.
- Place the pop tart in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown.
- While the pop tart is cooling, whisk together 2 cups of powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of heavy cream to make the icing. Drizzle it generously over the top and sprinkle 1/3 cup of sprinkles.
- Sprinkle Magic: Immediately sprinkle 1/3 cup of colorful sprinkles over the wet icing.
- Once the icing sets, slice your Giant Strawberry Pop Tart into generous portions and enjoy!