These are the best chocolate brownie cookies you’ll ever make! The recipe requires only a few ingredients and bakes beautifully with their shiny, crackly brownie tops. And these cookies take less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
Why You’ll Love This
- This chocolate brownie cookie recipe is the only one you’ll ever need
- All your favorite fudgy brownie flavors are packed into one cookie
- With gluten-free flour, these cookies are gluten-free
- This recipe only requires a few ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make
- These cookies go well with ice cream or even a creamy hot chocolate
- Bring these cookies to your next Christmas party!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Butter – use unsalted butter and add salt later if desired
Chocolate Chips – use semi-sweet chips or any other good-quality chocolate of your choice. For this recipe, I used dark chocolate chips.
Cocoa Powder – use any preferred cocoa powder for this recipe.
All-Purpose Flour – substitute gluten-free 1:1 flour for gluten-free brownie crinkle cookies.
Baking Powder – baking powder helps these cookies rise in the oven to have an airy, fudgy center.
Salt – both sea salt and kosher salt work in this recipe. For a lower sodium recipe, omit the salt.
Brown Sugar – tightly pack the brown sugar. Both light and dark brown sugar can be used.
Eggs – due to the texture of these cookies, a vegan egg or flax egg will not work.
Powdered Sugar – powdered sugar adds a beautiful dusting to these cookies. This is completely optional.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a lined baking sheet with parchment paper.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat or microwave for 30 seconds until melted.
Add the chocolate chips to the melted butter and stir until combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the eggs and brown sugar in a large bowl on medium-high speed for 3 minutes until frothy.
Next, pour the melted chocolate mixture into the whipped egg mixture and stir until the chocolate is combined.
Then fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula and mix until a loose batter is formed.
Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop the dough and place the cookie dough rounds on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for 13 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Remove from oven and serve!
Tips for Success
- When baking the cookies in the oven be sure not to overbake. Baking time will vary by oven.
- Be sure to let the cookies cool before serving and dusting with powdered sugar.
- The batter should be slightly lighter in texture than regular cookie dough.
- Line the sheet pan with parchment paper to prevent the cookies from burning on the bottoms.
- Use a cookie scoop to help scoop out the dough so all cookies are the same size and cook evenly.
What to Serve With
- These cookies are great paired with a scoop of ice cream or hot chocolate.
- These cookies go well with my chocolate almond latte.
- My holiday thumbprint cookies are another great Christmas cookie for any holiday party.
You May Also Like
- Banana Walnut Bread
- Nutella Mug Cake
- Holiday Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Sea Salt Biscotti
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat or microwave for 30 seconds until melted.
- Add the chocolate chips to the melted butter and stir until combined. Set chocolate mixture to the side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set to the side
- Using a hand mixer (or stand mixer), beat the eggs and brown sugar in a large bowl on medium high speed for 3 minutes until fully combined and frothy.
- Next, carefully pour the melted chocolate mixture into the whipped egg mixture until the chocolate is just combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula and mix until a loose batter is formed.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop the dough and place onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 13 minutes at 350.
- At the 13-minute mark, remove the chocolate brownie cookies from the oven. The tops of the cookies should have a crackly texture.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes. Then dust each with powdered sugar. Enjoy!